I’ve got to say, I’m not sure what it is, but it seems like short ribs and meat bingo go hand in hand? It was the last time back in March that the short ribs incident occurred and it happened on the day of the infamous first meat bingo. Well, this week I was in need of 120lbs of short ribs for one chef and there was quite the headache behind it. But everything got settled…and I went to meat bingo this past weekend stress free! I actually did have to get up Wednesday morning to be at the meat market at 5:00am to pick up half of the order. What a place that is! I finally go to the meat market and I still leave without a date!
Last week was a very busy week for me and I know this week will be too. But it’s because business is good. I had lunch on Wednesday with Bill, the guy I met at the Four Seasons. We had lunch at a really great hotel downtown on the water, and he gave me tons of business advice. I got to ask him questions about how he got successful and the two biggest things I took from him was that it’s important to think, speak, and network. Wait, that’s three things! hehe But it was good because he is friends with the chef there so I got to meet him and chat about things. I also got to see John Henry’s boat (or should I say megayacht), and does he get a good parking spot for that! So it was a very nice lunch and I’m excited to see the chef from there again. Oh, if you’re curious I had the special for the day…pan roasted cod over sweet and sour peppers. I think there was someone famous sitting next to me and I recommended it to him. He didn’t order that, but oh well…I spoke to someone famous!
Ah, now onto meat bingo….the first thing I must point out is that I finally made microwave popcorn without burning it!!!!! When we got there Bistra was pretty hungry so I told her I’d buy her some popcorn because it’s free there! I put it in the microwave and it came out very good…I think she enjoyed it! So we started playing the game, and drinking of course! Haha I marked down all the games I wanted to win and submitted it with my fingers crossed. After the second game, my sister was the big winner of 8.5lbs of pork ribs! She’s so dang lucky! Then, Adam won $50! I was still sitting waiting for my big chance to say “bingo!” I’m still waiting by the way… My sister got up for a minute so my dad took her seat and won $50! I was still losing with only two games to go, but up came the two 4.5lb lobsters! Man, I really wanted this one…I bought four sets of cards for this game and one that I picked was three 8’s! I figured I had this game in the bag…until the lady behind me yelled “Bingo!” What??? I was so sad…I didn’t even play the last game for winner take all. So I went out front and told some jokes…they laughed, for the most part! Even though I lost, it was still so much fun…as always!
After that we headed to Kilarney’s for some beer and Irish music. I think Kim and Justin really enjoyed this place! I didn’t know the words to most of the songs, but it was fun. And then I taught Justin the “awkward turtle” and the “awkward balloon”, each of which I learned from my younger cousins.
Yesterday my family gathered for my Grandma’s birthday and our annual leaf collection fest at her house. She has tons of trees around her house so go out to lunch in honor of her and head over there to help clean up her yard. It’s cold, but it’s always fun. And once we’re done working we get cake and ice cream! Yesterday’s cake was chocolate I think? I was focused on the wonderful frosting! Then we pick everyone for our Secret Santa…Aunt Peggy, you did a great job, no matter what anyone says! J I think this is actually one of my favorite days of the whole year because we’re all together and it’s just plain fun! So a very Happy Birthday to my Grandma!
That’s the update for now. Here’s some pics from meat bingo. I’ll be back updating this week as I’ve got a full week planned of food and fun…and work of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment