Christmas is just two days away now...and what a ton of snow we have! Seems like it's been a while since we've really had a white Christmas. Of course, it will be 40 degrees, but that's still okay...at least with me!
My family actually did our Christmas yesterday. It was really nice...except for the fact that I did have to leave early for some work stuff. It was kind of a downer for me, but at least I got to see my nieces open their presents and enjoy dinner with the family. After getting everything squared away with work I headed to the North Shore for the annual tree decorating at my Aunt Peggy's house. I started joining in their festivities a couple years ago when my cousin Ben was away for college and missed this day. I got to put up his decorations and eat his share of Mexican dip! It's a must during this event. I was afraid I was going to miss the dip this year since I was a little late, but I actually got there right when the pizza for supper did. They hadn't had the dip yet, so we actually started with salad and pizza and had the dip as an "aftertizer." haha Al made that one up...so good! Then we had dessert. Aunt Peggy made these new chocolate snowflake cookies...and of course they were great! Just to let the cat out of the bag...she's making more for Tuesday! And I spent the night there and woke up to coffee and peanut butter rice krispie treats for breakfast! Yummmmmmm! I love my Aunt Peggy's peanut butter rice krispie treats!
So that brings me to my next idea. In the spirit of the holidays and musical cheer...here are a few of my favorite things. They're not in any particular order, but they are all things that make me happy! There are lots more, but I'll keep the longth of this list somewhat reasonable:
1. When I get to my sister's house and my nieces scream, "Auntie!!!!" and run up and give me hugs. Ok, I can't lie...this is #1 because it just has to be!
2. Smiling...smiling's my favorite...and it's contagious
3. Cooking for people
4. Big League Chew
5. The Beach
6. Surprises...love 'em!
7. Pictures
8. Dining Out
9. Swinging (at the playground)
10. Hooded Sweatshirts
11. Campfires (because they usually result in great conversation...and s'mores!)
12. The Rockin' Rollercoaster at MGM Studios
13. Step Aerobics
14. Going to new and old cities...because even if I've been there before, I still learn something new!
15. Christmas Eve at my Auntie's (it will be a short visit this year, sadly.)
16. Meeting new people
17. Chips and Salsa (I tried to stay away from food favorites, but I couldn't resist)
18. Will Ferrell Movies...all of them. I'm watching Elf right now
19. Meat Bingo
20. 80's Music
Well, that's just a handful of things. I hope that this holiday brings everyone lots of things that make them happy! And obviously....good treats!
Chow,
KK :-)
1 comment:
Love number 1, of course, but you forgot to mention your best ever Christmas present???? The way cool Garland Girl wristie? It's one of only 4 of it's kind after all!
K
Post a Comment