Saturday, August 2, 2008

I'm Lovin' It!

For real. I LOVE my new apartment! I haven't really had much time to hang out in it yet, but I do have most stuff put away and I'm working on bringing things over from the old place in little bits. That way I can throw away a lot of things I don't really need. It's hard being a pack-rat. I mean, it was easy to find a place for my fondue set...but my stethoscope and stuffed animals? Not so easy. The area is beautiful though and there's so many cute shops and cafes around. I've already met some of my neighbors and the little girl who lives upstairs is sooo cute!

It's funny...I spent Sunday night laughing at all the people on the Foodnetwork crying over what I thought was silly. Then I got here Monday morning without anything to move but cleaning supplies. I walked in, sat on my brick ledge (near the fireplace) and drank my coffee. I was almost in tears. I'm just so excited to finally have my own place. Not to say the last year wasn't great, but I'm just ready for my own place. And it's coming together nicely. I can't wait for it to be all put together and to have people over to see it.

I had a really crazy week...Monday was a long day of moving. Tuesday was long with moving, work, meeting up with John and Carl before the Sox game, and then more moving. Wednesday was more moving, appointments at accounts with my seafood guy, moving, and golf. Thursday was more moving, Anthony's Birthday, more appointments with the seafood guy, and making it to Duxbury for my first AIWF event. Friday was moving and a crazy day at work...followed by a nice visit with my parents and relaxing on my new couch! Today I got up and had a really hard time motivating. I mean, I finally have my own couch! I made a big pot of coffee, a bowl of cereal, and sat here watching the FoodNetwork. I did get some Evites out for my Birthday party next week too. So far, some people are coming to hang out and I can't wait!!!

Highlights from my week though??? Definitely playing golf with Tim. He's such a great friend and we both had rough weeks and didn't want to go. But because we were playing together we showed up and didn't do too bad. His daughter goes to the putting green with him in her princess dresses and crown. So on our 9th hole this week I told him something wasn't right and pulled out my princess crown from Disney. It lights up and boy were people looking at me! It was really funny, but maybe you had to be there???

Thursday, my event was a hit! We toured the Oyster farm and then had a nice dinner featuring the oysters and paired with wine. I ended up hanging out with the driver for the Oyster company at the restaurant and got to know the owner of the place as well as some locals. Later night than expected but I just love meeting new people! It's so nice to meet people who are so friendly and willing to share some laughs.

I should probably put some stuff away again. I do have to say Happy Birthday to Anthony...hey, 28 isn't old man...no worries! Happy Birthday to Aunt Betty!!! And in case I don't get to write again before Monday...Happy Birthday Mom!

In case you were curious about the crown, here's some pics. When I get my camera battery back I'll take some pics of the new place to share. Otherwise, you'll just have to visit. Don't be scared of the guy on my voicemail...it's the same one that's on my Aunt Carol's and Aunt Peggy's, so it's all good!

Chow!

KK



And here's Tim with the crown on...making Lauren proud!

No comments: