Last Sunday I didn't get to my hotel in New York until about 10:30 at night. Crashed there, just to wake up at 6:00am, go through all my meetings, enter orders, and visit a new account on the way home. I didn't get back to Boston until 10:30 that night! I spent the next few days running all over town to see customers and show some products. I also had my first steakhouse league softball game. We lost. But it was fun. Not sure I'll be able to make a lot of games, but I'll try to.
Golf was great on Wednesday. I played with Tim and Paulo. We got a hole in 2 on the first hole!!! Ok, well Tim did! But we won, so we got free pizza!
I had such a busy day on Tuesday that I thought Friday wouldn't be so bad...I was wrong. I think I set a personal sales record last week with 17 orders on both Wednesday and Saturday's trucks! Unfortunately because I was so busy I missed MaryAnn's wedding ceremony on Friday, but made it in plenty of time to the reception in Concord.
Saturday I spent at the beach trying to relax. Then I met up with the Paul's for Adam's going away party. I almost had a tear when I said good-bye to him, but I was strong! The guys all went out, but I headed home after a beer with them all. I had to rest up for my first golf tournament on Sunday!
It was friends and family day at the Norfolk Golf Club in Westwood. So Carrie and her husband Steve invited me and Tim to come play in the 9-hole bramble tourney. It was so much fun!! We got to use carts, which I hadn't used since I was doing grounds-keeping for the schools. So me and Tim ended up missing the money by 1 stroke! The winner's got a 37, then I think 2nd place got a 40, 3rd got a 41, and we got a 42. Had Tim not drove one ball over the clubhouse...we would have tied! But it was a team effort. I was pretty happy with the way I played. I'm definitely addicted to the sport, although if you hear me after some of my shots, I clearly state that I hate the game. Until I have a nice shot...and love it again!
So here's the week in pictures.....
Anthony was visiting last weekend!!! We hung out at Julie and Brendan's. Also got to see Kelly from CSC and her new baby!!! Gosh, we're getting old!

Cut to Friday, cuz I didn't take many pictures for work this week...hehehe Here's MaryAnn (the blushing bride) and her new Husband, John.

Here's the volleyball gals together again...


And here's just a couple others worth sharing...


And now onto Sunday....Even when I hit it straight into the Fairway, I have this obstacle...

The scoreboard...

They had a great cookout for us with steak tips, sausages, burgers, dogs, and salads. It was a really nice spread! Then we were in the fishing Derby...Tim needed a little help from the 8-year old girls, although he still couldn't cast the line! I could have used a little help from Dad since the bait were shiners. I may eat fish now, but I still don't like to touch those little suckers!


Honestly, I think they forgot to put fish in the pond. I caught a rope, Tim got the line caught in a tree. We were hoping Carrie or Steve would catch a tire so we could at least make a tire swing??? No such luck.
So then we hit up the volleyball net to round out the rather sporty day we were having. It was a great weekend. I got to see so many people and had a lot of fun. Now it's back to the daily grind......maybe the next entry will get this back to the main focus of food!
Chow,
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment