Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Feeling Blue (ish)...

Ok, I'm not really feeling Blue. I actually feel like it's going to be a great day. John McCain, you put up a good fight. You said "anything is possible." I do have to disagree...whoever said that never tried to slam a revolving door. But nonetheless, good job.

I realize my last post may have seemed a little harsh. But look, I'm one of those young voters that may not have voted at all. I actually spent time researching candidates, topics, and learning what issues were most important to me. I feel like I can hold a conversation, a real adult one, and it feels good. Except that the guy I voted for didn't win. Maybe it's just my competitive side, but it's disappointing. I feel like I lost. I looked up to my Grandfathers while I had coffee this morning (they're both on my wall) and I have to wonder what they'd be thinking right now. I won't dwell on this. I'll look on the bright side that America will hopefully see a change for the better.

I'm not going to jump up and down and relish in the fact that Barack Obama is President. But, I will be optimistic. I'll look to the positives and hope that he acts like I do when facing a tough decision. For example, when I'm really not sure what to eat...I look to my cabinet for advice. There's usually several options, but I eventually see a clear resolution. Mr. Obama, I don't envy you, but hopefully your cabinet will offer what you need at just the right time to help each American live a better life.

Somewhat disappointed, but STILL proud to be an American,

KK

Chow!

No comments: