
Can't believe Christmas has come and gone so quickly. Where did the time go? I usually am done shopping early, bake lots of cookies, and watch a ton of movies. Well, I tend to alternate Elf with Christmas Vacation each night and throw in a few extras (ie. Home Alone, While You Were Sleeping) here and there as well. This year I was just so busy.
But, I did get to participate in one of my favorite Christmas traditions. It occurs every other year since Auntie has to work Christmas every other year. But her and I throw on PJ's or sweatpants and spend Christmas Eve watching Christmas movies, snacking on good food, chatting and giggling, and waiting for Santa with festive drinks! This year started with a pomegrantae martini for Auntie and Uncle Jack's specialty for me. Along with chips, salsa, and spinach dip. Yummmm!

The morning brings us coffee, breakfast, tv time, more laughing, and me hiding nips all over her place. This year I hid them pretty well and it is now officially titled, "The 12 Nips of Christmas." Even the people in the liquor store were fascinated by the theme! Here's an excerpt from an email I received from Auntie today:
"for the 11th nip of christmas..Auntie did find a rum in her pillow...xmas nite..
and for the 12th nip of christmas Auntie did (finally find at 6:45 pm sat.) a Bailey's in the red berry wreath by the door!!!"
What a great time!
Today I met up with Danielle for breakfast at the cutest place in Manchester. We exchanged gifts and finally caught up on everything since the holidays took time away from us. Check out their website as I'll definitely be going back there soon!
Jewel and the Beanstalk
After last night's dinner at La Careta I'm really getting spoiled with good food. Thanks Mom and Dad for dinner! I must be on my way now, because the new Manfriend is taking me to dinner to meet some of his family. I'm very excited for this too because it's one of those Brazilian BBQ's where you just keep getting meat. I can't wait! Now that I know how to put websites on here I can share that link with you too.
Gauchos Churrascaria
And tomorrow it's back to Valentino's. 'Tis the season for good food and less exercise! My, how my life has changed! I hope to post one more time before the end of 2008, but just in case I don't I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!
Chow,
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment