Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tuna Cakes!

I couldn't really decide what to start this blog with...tuna cakes? $8.63? TV Show? Pork?? Really, my mind is going about a mile a minute right now and I can't sleep, think, or focus. So bare with me.

The reason I'm really excited I can't disclose just yet. It's really nothing major, but you know I have the tendency to get really excited about simple things. Plus, there could be some sort of disclaimer. There's no sex, drugs, or rock and roll so I can assure you it's totally legal. Guess you'll just have to wait for details!

Ummm...tuna cakes. I made the best freaking tuna cakes for dinner tonight. This kind of ties into the $8.63 title option. I spent only $8.63 on groceries last week and decided I still wasn't going to the grocery store today. I had a can of tuna and wasn't too hungry so I whipped up the most fabulous tuna cakes. Like crab cakes, but with tuna. Maybe someday I'll be friends with Bill Parcels because I really want to nickname someone tuna cakes, but no one I try to call that let's me. Damn.

Aren't you proud of me for only spending $8.63 last week?

And about the pork thing...Dinner is always out somewhere on a Friday when the Manfriend is visiting. I asked to skip the noodle bar this week so we went to the Village Smokehouse. Dad, we still have to visit this place. At 7:30 at night there was an hour wait. It was crazy! So after 2 drinks and lots of elbows from everyone crammed while they waited...we sat. And we ate. They give you corn bread there which is great, but I skipped that so I could have a jalapeno popper for our appetizer. Those were okay, but probably won't be ordered again. Then, I had the combo of just brisket and pulled pork. You get a choice of sides...I chose cole slaw. Plus you get baked beans anyway. Family style baked beans! The Manfriend (who I should mention can eat) ordered the Texas Hawg. This is what he got along with the baked beans and corn on the cob....beef rib, sliced beef brisket, BBQ chicken, Texas sausage (I ate most of this), and baby back pork ribs. It was a lot of food. Course, we were starving by the time we sat down. At the Village Smokehouse you do get good portions though. So this was my plate AFTER I ate...



We added some of his chicken to the mix and had lunch off of that today. Literally...there's just a ton of food. Great value!

Saturday we headed out to do some shopping, walk around, and watch some volleyball. Rob from Atlanta was in town because his son plays volleyball for Emmanual College. We met him there and watched most of his son's game. It was great to see him. Rob was such a great teacher to me and gave me a lot of confidence when I started. I told him it's been 2 years since I met him...boy how time flies.

Okay, well I really need some beauty sleep. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Here's to more snow melting and tasty food this week! Unfortunately I can't take the week off like Aunt Betty said I could, but it should be a good week.

Chow,

KK

PS - Sounds like Paige and Kristin are having a blast in Disney already!

No comments: