Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Final Countdown...

Of 2009.

I can't believe this year is already over? What an amazing year it was! This morning the MF asked me what the top 2 highlights of my year were and two things stuck out right away. I have been a very lucky girl this year afterall! So my first answer was visiting Greece for the first time. I know we'll be back there, but that was just a trip of a lifetime - I promise I'll post the final pictures soon! Mytilini was one of my most favorite days there and I have a lot to share from that day.
My second highlight was moving back to New Hampshire. It's so nice to be so close to my family and just be where it feels like home. I do miss some conveniences of the Big City, and obviously, my friends that were there, but this is where I'm meant to be. And it feels good.

Christmas has come and gone and it was really enjoyable - I got to spend Christmas with the MF last year too, but this year was different. It was both of our first Christmas' toggling between family events and being on the go. I was really excited for it, but was wondering if the day would fly by. It actually didn't. We really got to enjoy each place we went to - even though we were slightly late to Aunt Betty's. I seriously can't imagine what it will be like when I have children...this was our tree Christmas morning...



Those weren't all for us, but we had a great time Christmas morning. We had OJ and coffee while opening presents. The MF outdid himself and got me my foodmill (YAY) that I've already used twice, some Waterford Crystal wine glasses (which I have also already used!), some movies, and a Movado watch! They were really awesome presents and he surprised me with a few of them! I think he was a little surprised with some of his gifts too!

And another one of my favorite presents - because I've been such a good girl - was my new set of golf clubs!!!!! Yes, I'll make an official statement that I have not retired from the game of golf. And I have already contacted Tim about coming down and playing Pebble Beach sometime soon. I just can't wait to use them!! Thanks Mom and Dad!

So now, it's time to look forward to 2010! I already have a lot of travel and adventure on my slate. It starts with a long trip for work that I'm not too excited for, mainly because of the weather and the length of the trip. Yeah, I'll be in Minneapolis, MN for the first time ever one week from tomorrow. I might need two suitcases just so I have enough layers! To remain positive though - I will be visiting the Mall of America. And I hope it's all it's chalked up to be! Alicia, our marketing director is going with me so we'll have fun. From there we shoot over to Philadelphia for the Grand Opening of a Whole Foods store. One of our farmers is even going and we'll be cooking up beef for any customers visiting.

And following that - there is a super exciting trip that Kelli and me are taking in February. I don't think I've mentioned the trip to many people because it seemed so far away. But now I think it'll be here before we know it. Oh! Where are we going?To the Olympics!!!! As the MF's sister asked - no, I am not on a team! :-) But we're going to watch some teams and just plain hang around the Olympic village. I've heard a lot about Vancouver and can't wait to see the city! It's going to be so much fun!

As a result of this trip - I've signed up for yet another thing on the internet to log into. I know, like I need one more username and password to remember! But, since I'm having a harder time to keep up with the blog, and Twitter only allows me 140 characters at a time....I've starting to tumble. It's kind of like a mini-blog I actually started last January, but didn't understand what I was doing. Now I think it will be cool and I've been practicing with it for a couple days. There's still some appearance issues I would like to adjust on it, but I should be able to share a lot more now! It's pretty easy with the phone I have. So, if you want to check it out, it's here: http://karenk8880.tumblr.com Please give me time to figure it all out, but so far it seems pretty cool! And I have a feeling there will be a lot I want to share from Vancouver!

The only other thing so far - is the Cherry Blossom 10-Miler in April. Kelli also got me signed up for that. It's a race that ends the whole Cherry Blossom festival in DC and there's 20,000 runners in it. There's a lottery to be in it and we got it - thank goodness. With a little bit of luck, the MF will also be running it. His first race ever! And he's never been to DC so we were planning a trip there anyway - why not run around all the monuments!

So I already have plenty to look forward to! I hope 2010 doesn't fly by! As for my resolutions? I'm still not really a resolution person, but there are two things I'm resolving to do this year. The first one - learn the Greek language. I've already got a good base, but I want to become fluent. I know I can. I'm surrounded by it enough, I just need to practice myself. The second thing I'm resolving to do is eat more cupcakes! Yes, eat more! They're just so good - I absolutely love them, and they make me very happy. They have for years...I can remember feeling so special when we got cupcakes from Crosby's bakery. I'm pretty healthy and I eat way more vegetables than before - so I'm going to enjoy more cupcakes! I really hope the Manfriend reads this - he buys big cupcakes with lots of frosting!!! ;-)

So that's it for now. I wish everyone a fantastic New Year filled with health, happiness, laughter, and cupcakes!!!!

Chow,

KK :-)

No comments: