

I had a great Birthday - thanks to everyone who made it special. So far, 30 hasn't been so bad. But the first time I typed it into the Elliptical at the gym was kind of a shocker to my system.
I feel like I have so much to catch up on and I can't quite remember everything to share. It feels like we were in Bar Harbor so long ago and I was so excited to be back there. We had an amazing time, but 3 days just wasn't enough for us. The MF fell in love with Acadia and it was the first place we got to use our bikes together for the first time. It felt like Christmas morning to me the first day I used my new bike. We took the free bicycle express to the park and logged a total of 28 miles or so. Here's a few favorites from that ride...


After that ride, we had a quick lunch at Rupununi's and then headed back into the park for the Beehive. Not my favorite hike in the world, but it does have some incredible views. This is why I think it's scary...

I'm going to put all the pictures from Bar Harbor on smugmug soon - you'll be able to see them all there. And I'll clear out a lot of the duplicates so it won't take that long to go through.
I've gotta say...I'm loving my new bike. I still feel a lot slower than the guys although I hold my own, but the technical stuff is really tricky. I'm getting better and can finally make it over some of the things I haven't been able to since I was using my old bike. I just want to use it as much as I can until winter comes. Then I'm going to miss it for sure! I'm even participating in the Vermont 50 that Larry, Mark, Carl, and Dave are racing in. Well....I'm volunteering, not participating. Maybe next year??? I'll be the one registering people at 4:30am the day of the race. I checked, and there will be coffee there!
Speaking of races...the MF and I completed the Spartan Race this past weekend at the Amesbury Sports Complex. What a race it was! Only a 5K, but through the deep woods with lots of obstacles and military guys yelling at us! There were 3 vertical walls and a cargo net you had to flip over that I was so happy I got over on the first try. If you missed them, you had to do push ups and start again. This wall below was covered in dish soap...and so was the rope (which I didn't expect), but I made it!

Here's our team..."The K Team" That's my friend Jim and his wife Tracey - we did awesome!

Now, I must get back into the meat industry. We have lots coming up and definitely plenty of travel coming my way. All to major metropolitan cities for now...then I think I'm headed to Wisconsin in December.....bbbbbrrrrrrrr. I'll leave you with the quote I made up on my 30th..."May the flower in your hair match the fruit in your margarita!" :-)

Chow!
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment