Yup, it was this day last year that we got up at the butt crack of dawn to go fishing. We watched the sunrise over the Pacific from our Start Me Up Fishing boat...
A few hours later, about 40 miles off the coast of Maui, and a couple pieces of ginger to keep me from hurling....I became a real fisherwoman!
Of course we had to tag him because he was "too small". Probably the biggest fish I'll ever catch, but that's ok. I'm entered into the database as the angler that caught him. So....if someone should ever catch him again (how dare they) I will receive notification that he was caught. I hope they throw him back since he's technically mine. It's funny because I get mailing from the Pacific fishing industry all the time. And so...I must point all of them out to the Hubs. Actually I just received a survey from them that I was showing him. Reminds me I have to fill it out and send it in. I would like to stay in good standing with them...they really just want to know how many billfish I caught in 2012 and how many times I went out trying to catch one. It's not easy, but someone has to do it :-) Here is my flag I got to hold up (since we had to throw him back) when we got back to the dock.
The company likes to keep a record of all their top catchers. I mean fisherpeople.
This was our last day in Maui. It was a long, long boat ride. I will try to post the video of me in action once I figure it out. I'll be sure to let you know when it's there so you can see my skills....unfortunately you can also hear me asking the captain if I needed to be buckled into the seat...and when I asked them to keep the fish away from me once it was on the boat...
So anyway, here's us eating our favorite fish tacos of the entire trip. It was a good end to that island visit. :-)
Chow,
KK :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment