Our first full day on Kauai...one year ago today of course. The island I was most excited to visit. If you recall, the Hubs loves helicopters. And in 2011, he got a helicopter ride over New York City for his Birthday present. Fast forward to 2012, and he got another helicopter ride over the island of Kauai. We didn't actually schedule it for his Birthday because we wanted to do it earlier on that visit - to make sure we had time to reschedule if there was bad weather, and to give us a better understanding of the island's layout. So that's what we did on Feb. 11th 2012. I still can't believe that our camera took this picture...I almost cried looking at the Napali Coast. I have never seen anything more spectacular in my life.
That night we went out for sushi and made friends with the sushi chefs as you can see below. We were looking for a place with really good fish tacos...we had that whole tally thing going while we were there...but decided to mix it up when we stumbled upon this place. Glad we did too, it was a great meal and so much fun!
Here's a few more from our ride. We do have our actual trip on DVD if you're ever interested in watching it :-)
Chow,
KK :-)
PS - The Hubs will not be receiving a helicopter ride for his Birthday this year.


No comments:
Post a Comment