Here's some pics of Greg and Jon getting the flags ready for the big game...KKEG roomies...the bball game...and checking Arthur's temperature (the nice way).

So the day ended up being really busy and I had no time to update as we went. It was a nice thought though. And the day was really great. Some of us ended up heading the basketball court before we started flag football. So the hoops game went on for over an hour and my team won! Must be because I look like a coach???After that we all walked over to the football field. My camera died here so I'll need to steal some of Juliana's photos and put together a little slide show of some sort. My team lost this game but it was fun. By the time we were done with that we were all pretty hungry and ready for some food! We got back to our house and had some chili, Kielbasa, spinach dip, and lots of chips. Everyone fit nicely into our house. It was a little cramped, but we had sports on in the living room, Kristen and the gang cooking in the kitchen, and some guys in my room playing Play Station 2.
Now, Kristen did all of the turkey cooking, but I had received an email from my aunt Betty a few weeks ago with a great idea for our turkey. So I passed it along to Kristen and we gave it a shot. Although Arthur, our turkey (yeah there's a story behind the name) is a guy...we decided to see how he'd look with a bikini and tan lines. What do you think???



Not too many people could see it without us saying anything, but we thought it was pretty funny! Dinner included Arthur, the star, and then stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, roasted veggies, rolls, and sweet potato casserole with marshmallows on top! Then were also tons of desserts. My oatmeal carmelitas seemed to be a hit, but Nadja also brought some great chocolate covered oreo balls and vanilla cookies. Brie made two pumpkin pies, but we won't talk about what happened to one of them! :-) All in all, it was a great day with good food and good friends. I headed over to Tammie's place after all this to watch the Pats dominate in Buffalo with her and Kelli. Needless to say...I was pretty tired last night! Here's some more pics of the day. 









Chow,
KK :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment