Friday, December 7, 2007

Another Friday Down...

I really dislike Fridays. This one wasn't so bad as orders came in pretty regularly, and I did place the largest order I have ever placed. It was good, but I was sure to check it over several times just to make sure I got everything straight...ya know, so there isn't another short rib incident!

Sometimes taking the orders from chefs can be pretty funny. I spend a lot of time talking about tenderloins, fat, and other random items. It's hard to get your mind out of the gutter...especially when people call and their first question to me is, "Hey Karen, do you still have those crabs?" I mean, for real? At least start with a "Hey Karen, how are you today?" Maybe??? I chuckle a lot...sometimes to myself, and sometimes out loud. Yesterday was probably one of the funniest. A chef needed to order pickles but needed to know exactly how big they were. Oh I'm laughing out loud now replaying my phone calls to these companies..."How big is this pickle?" I knew they came in gallon jars so I had to keep saying, "yes, but how long is it." Oh man! What a day! The chef ended up ordering them, but they turned out to be too big. Oh well!

This'll be a short entry (not as long as the big pickles I sell), but that's all I've got for now. Time to head to the gym and relax for the night. Enjoy the weekend!

Chow,

KK

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol..........have a relaxing night :-)

jim said...

karen u are the best
every day is like saturday now jim from beverly exercise