Since there is just so much to write about, I’m going to write all the events in order and I’ll try to give hints as to what they were all about. The pictures will be up soon also but they will be on a whole other site…there’s just too many to put on here!
So it started Wednesday after Jay picked me up at the airport. Everyone that was in town hung out at Arric and Jay’s place for drinks and food. Wednesday was one of the best nights because everyone was catching up and getting to know those who we didn’t know yet.
Thursday, I actually went for a run while people were getting settled and Jay was making trips to the airport. It was a hard run, but so nice to be outside. Then my friend Adam picked me up. We hadn’t seen each other since I graduated college…we figured out that when he asked, “So, how’s Chris?” haha Too funny! He took me to Red Rocks, which blew me away! It’s this outdoor amphitheater. A lot of people workout there because of the stairs and the altitude. I tried running up all 70 stairs, but I have never been that out of breath! I honestly thought I my heart was going to beat right out of my chest! Very cool place though. After that we hung out with his brother and some of their local friends. We went to about 5 different bars…I now know what a Country Club is (not for novice drinkers!), played trivia in Denver, and know of a couple hot spots. We were actually right next to the bar where the infamous bachelor party was being held. Adam and his friends wanted to head in there, but I didn’t think it would be appropriate.
Friday, me and my Denver Hubby (Mr. Nugget) headed to downtown Denver. We were adventurous and took the bus all by ourselves! We went to the ESPNzone to play some games and meet up with Danielle and Jonathan for lunch. I won’t lie…we started drinking way too early this day! Haha But it was totally fun. When we got back to the hotel, we were all getting ready for the family meet and greet. Everyone was in Adam and Toby’s room. Aunt Sue brought everyone Red Sox headbands because it was a Red Sox themed wedding and that night everyone was supposed to wear some Sox apparel. Now this next part is one of the funniest parts of the week. Those of us in the room headed to the hallway to take a group picture with our headbands. We grabbed a lady in the hallway to take the picture. We all get set, she counts to 3 and we hear “Ding!” and the elevator doors open with about 2 more family members. So they get in the picture, the lady counts to 3 and we hear “Ding!” and the elevator doors open to more family members. At this point we all yell “Hey!” and cheer and they get in the picture too! No lie, this happened at least 2 more times. The poor woman that offered to take 1 picture with 4 cameras, ended up calling in backup to take 2 pics each on everyone’s cameras. Then we headed to the meet and greet, ate, drank, and drank some more.
Saturday, a bunch of us went back downtown but all at different times. The wedding was at 4:00pm and we had to catch the shuttle from the hotel to the church at 3:15pm. The wedding was awesome…not too long, and our cousin Jonathan was the Minister. He did a great job and we all laughed and cried, and oh man, it was just great! The reception was a good time too. Typical dancing…highlights would be the tunnel of love, Arric’s Best Man speech, Nugget leading the Electric Slide, and my personal favorite…Grandpa Art auctioning off the garter! Not something I had ever seen before…but to see Adam run up with all his money, and Aunt Paula actually winning the auction….wow……
Sunday, Happy Easter! Right? It’s Sunday? Arric, it’s breakfast, why do you still have your tux on??? Nugget and I actually took Arric’s car for the day so we could head to Pueblo. Funny, the night before Nugget kept telling everyone we were going to Pablo! So he dropped me off at Rick and Cheryl’s while he visited with his aunt and uncle. It was so good to see Rick and Cheryl and their girls! Their neighborhood was gorgeous. I had lunch with them, did an Easter egg hunt with their girls, and went for a walk. I walked through a prairie…that’s right, a prairie. They were laughing at me, because I couldn’t say anything but “Land. There’s land everywhere.” It was great. But what was greater was Garden of the Gods. Cheryl said we had to go there on our way home. So we stopped at what we thought would take 15 minutes to look at. Both Nugget and I were so impressed with this place. Wait until you see the pictures. Although I gave my Denver Hubby crap for saying this, it really was majestic. I’ve never seen anything like it and won’t ever forget our 2-hour nature walk through this area!
Monday, Arric, Nugget and I planned on heading downtown to Coors Field for the tour of the stadium. I called to make sure we didn’t need reservations, which we didn’t. Of course when we got there it was sold out. I told them how I called to see if they’d make an exception, but they didn’t. “Ok, fine. Don’t let us in the stadium…we still won!” haha Well, then we went to the gift shop and I had the idea of asking if they sold brooms there. So next we went to lunch at this cool sports bar and then headed over to the US Mint. We couldn’t get in there either. Damn! So a security guard talked to us about coins for about a half hour! It was nice of him to try and give us some insight though. So from there we went to meet Uncle Joe and Aunt Sandy at the Hard Rock Café. Oh did we have some good laughs here! Couple laughs, couple drinks…seemed to be the theme for the week. Then we had to split up because Nugget and I had tickets to the Avalanche/Flames game at the Pepsi Center. So we got there and enjoyed a really good hockey game. The Avs won 2-0. Jay picked us up downtown and we got to have a beer where Matt started working while he was out there. It was nice.
Tuesday, there was only me left. Arric had some errands to run so I took a nap until Jay got out of work. Then Jay came to pick me up and we headed to the Coors Brewery. I needed a snack on the way so we stopped at the grocery store so I could have a grapple. It’s pronounced “grape-el”. So it looks like an apple, but tastes like a grape. Very cool cross-breed! Then we hit up the tour and had our samples…they looked like beer and tasted like beer. No cross-breeding and they are very generous there! Jay and I grabbed some lunch, and then finally hunted down what I had been looking for all week. Well, I wasn’t deadset on trying these but being the foodie that I am….I had to at least see some of these. So we went into one place for one small order of “Rocky Mountain Oysters.” If you don’t know what they are…well they are part of a Buffalo’s... But honestly, Jay said they weren’t bad and well, I didn’t like them one bit. Only had one bite of one. So we brought the rest back to Matt and Carla’s where Matt grilled for us and pretty much finished off the oysters himself!

Here's those Oysters....

So after all that, I’m on the plane home now. Like I said, I’m ready to be home, but totally sad that the week is over. I’m so happy I saw all that I did and had a great time with family and new friends. Carla’s family is awesome and you can tell her and Matt will be very happy together! I promise pictures will be on another site soon. Huge thanks to Arric and Jay for carting us all around this week and for being awesome hosts. Oh, I can’t wait to visit there again!
Chow,
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment