Thursday, May 8, 2008

He's Even Cuter In Person!!!

So I had another very exciting moment this week! Although I feel like there's no gas in my tank, and I'm relying heavily on coffee these days...I checked my email to find that Dave Lieberman was doing a cooking demo at Macy's on Wednesday! Yes, Dave Lieberman! Don't know who he is??? Just my biggest Foodnetwork crush ever! He's the host of "Good Deal with Dave Lieberman." So naturally I changed my schedule around and made sure I had a good seat at his demo. It was the cutest thing...he cooked with his Grandmother on stage! She was a riot...I am now a huge fan of Bubby. And I know that she only likes to eat red peppers because she has a hard time digesting the green ones! OH, I was laughing! He served us some nice crab guacamole, some potato things, an asparagus salad, and then seared scallops with a creamy, morel sauce! THAT, was awesome! And the cool thing was that he didn't use regular cream in the sauce...he used whipped cream! No, not cool whip, just whipped cream!

Here's a picture of Dave, Bubby, and Billy Costa from TV Diner...



So then I bought the Macy's culinary council cookbook, met Dave, and he signed it! I told myself not to chicken out like when I met Rachael Ray, and I didn't do that bad. I introduced myself, shook his hand, and told him I was a big fan. Then I told him where I worked and he knew of my company, asked if I had the day off, to which I replied, "No, so don't tell them when you go back to New York." I'm an idiot...he probably wanted to hang out!!! So here we are...isn't he dreamy??? My PR rep has connections at Foodnetwork, so she's looking into getting me hooked up! hahaha



Well, after that I was just so excited, I went to tell one of my favorite chefs, although he wasn't there. I was practically shaking, so I just hung out with the other cooks in the kitchen and showed off my autographed cookbook! Then I hit the street on the way to another account and ran into my old friend Jim! Jim has MS and is in a wheelchair...he used to workout at the fitness center in the Federal Reserve Bank. What an inspiration he is. So I go to chat with him and catch up for a bit...until my friend CJ popped out of the account I was going to visit! CJ delivers oysters around town and we often bump into each other during the day. While him and I were talking another chef came walking down the street so we got to talk to him. Then I hopped in CJ's truck and went to the places he was going to. Makes cold calls a lot easier when you can walk in with someone they are actually expecting to see! Plus, CJ is so funny...he knows when all the restaurants plan their staff meals, so that's when he delivers to them. "Hey, I made it in time for lunch again?!?!" It was great...and then he dropped me off where I needed to be on the other side of town.

I gotta love this nice weather. Sure makes walking around a lot more fun...and there's just so many more happy people out and about.

I must be off now...it's getting late and I have to meet the truck early in the morning to make sure all the food for my show gets in tomorrow. Once that's done I'll feel a lot better. And I'm following up with a lot of people who say they are excited...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Guess I'll go dream about Dave.......................

Chow!

KK

PS - I'm sorry but this is too funny not to share. When I left my hotel the other morning I couldn't help but notice this parked next to Ellie. I just had to take a picture....

No comments: