
Ok, no, it's not Spam that I love. That tin just happened to make the trip to Foxboro with us on Monday (in my purse, thanks John M. Roy)and well...I used to love that stuff! Back in the day when my nickname was "Porker". Speaking of pork, we're having a big bacon sale this month and I thought for sure I was going to sell tons of it...wrong. Dead wrong.
Oh so what is it that I love?? Well, there's a lot. First of all I can't believe it's already Thursday!!! I've had a great week and it all started Monday with the game in Foxboro. When we pulled into the parking lot I remembered just how much I love that atmosphere. Everyone outside in their football jerseys, making food and friends with people you may never see again. Oh my gosh, I just loved it! We walked around Patriot Place (not what I expected), tailgated a bunch, and then headed into the game. What a great friggin' game it was too!!! Not to mention our seats were at the 50-yard line in row 21! It was awesome. And the old guy that knocked my beer down was kind enough to spend the $8 I had just spent to get me a new one.
This is inside CBSscene

Me and Danielle tailgating!!

This is the view from our seats. I'm the girl in the white boots, wearing the #56 jersey...

Tuesday I got to have lunch with my sister. I'm so jealous of her right now. Loved the text message that they landed in Florida. She has such a wonderful group of friends, it's really great and I truly am envious of their bond....which I'm sure is being tightened over some margaritas right now!!!
Yesterday I had lunch with my friend Bill. We met at a new restaurant that I have been wanting to get into. It just happens to be in the new hotel I have so I got to visit with those purchasers, have some lunch, and then visit a bunch of other places. I had the BEST Nicoise salad there. I swear, I really didn't want it to end. I've mentioned my seared tuna salads before, but just to be precise I'll define a true Nicoise salad for you. From my beloved Food Lover's Companion, "Nicoise, a la." "French phrase that means as prepared in Nice. This cooking style is identified with hot and cold dishes that include the integral ingredients of tomatoes, black olives, garlic, and anchovies. The salad contains these basics plus French green beans, onions, tuna, hard-cooked eggs, and herbs." The only thing they forgot to mention is that it is utterly delicious!!!!
As we were sitting at the bar talking business, life, and politics, the gentleman from the end of the bar came over to me, handed me his card and told me if I was ever interested to give him a call. I must have impressed him with my food knowledge (HA...HA) because he is like, the biggest meat purveyor in town. Everybody knows this guy. I even bought stuff from his company when my truck was short, you guessed it, short ribs! I'll definitely keep that card on file! And of course, I gave him mine. You never know in this industry....
.....which brings me to mention that they eliminated the position of our company's pastry specialist this week. I'm so sad. Cat is no longer with the company and she didn't even see it coming. Nor did I. It kills me because she was always the one I went to for help or to vent about things. I know she'll be fine and continue great work in the field of pastry, but I'm really going to miss my daily conversations with her. This chapter of Chat With Cat has come to an end.
This is getting rather long and I'm really just rambling. I apologize for any typos. I just seem to get going once I start writing. Since I talk about pretty much everything on here as it is, I will leave with one thing. For those of you who know about Rick, and for those of you who don't...a guy like him struck again. FYI...Rick was the guy from the Fed that asked me to go to the movies after Labor Day. That's all fine and dandy, but he asked me in June. Hmmm? He was a little different to say the least. Well, now there's Jerry. And if you think I love my birthday...this guy asked me to come to his birthday party tonight. Actually he said I better be there...in January! Ugh. For the record...I don't ask for these guys to talk to me. But it makes for a humorous story I guess.
On that note...back to all the tv I watch now. Owning the remote is a really bad thing, I'm addicted to so many shows now.
Chow,
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment