Monday, November 24, 2008

New Look-y

Sometimes you just need a makeover...since I can't afford a real one, I'll just make over my blog. Plus, they usually cut your hair when you get a makeover, but I'm really trying to grow mine out so it ain't gonna happen.

I've gotta say, this weekend really kicked my ass. It was great, but it flew by. And well, it ended pretty late last night slash this morning after bacon and booze. It was an interesting sort of party and I will say with confidence that I had a Blast! People came over in waves depending on who had to travel, and who was working. Danielle got here first and she saved me with the whole beer part! Believe it or not, I have NO idea where to get booze around here. I mean, wine, that's easy. But I only know of one other store for my good stuff (Jack) and beer. But they wouldn't sell me any yesterday morning. I had to get back and finish setting up and cleaning, so lucky for me Danielle grabbed a case of Miller Lites.

And now, the cuisine. No one really brought any bacon. People only brought over booze, but definitely sampled the bacon-y foods I prepared. Some really enjoyed, and some couldn't get their minds around the idea of what I made. Oh that's right! I didn't tell you what I made yet, did I??

Chocolate. Covered. Bacon. Strips.

I know. I know. Yes, I used to work in Cardiac Rehab. Yes, I guided patients gearing up for gastric bypass surgery. Yes, I used to run 12 miles every Saturday morning just for fun. My life has changed. But I'm not gonna lie here...it wasn't bad.

And you know I'm a fan of kettlecorn. And I can't make microwave popcorn but I CAN make real popcorn from kernels. So I had all this bacon fat lying around (like Paula Deen's house I'm sure) and I figured..."wouldn't it be great to pop popcorn in bacon fat?" So I did. But before letting it pop, I also sprinkled brown sugar over the kernels. This was quite the treat. It wasn't super bacon-y and had a nice sort of brown sugar-y glaze. I think that was a bigger hit.

We also had the usual snacks of chips and salsa, M&M's, veggies and dip, and Danielle made awesome chicken wings...once she figured out how to turn on my oven. Oh right, I turned it on after she gave up! HAHA

It was a grat night though. We watched the Pats game, played Scene-It (girls vs. boys), and of course WiiFit. I apparently wasn't as good at ski-jumping after a few Sailor Jerry's than I am usually. Oh well. Believe it or not (again), I took zero pictures. Not even one of myself, weird.

Ok, gotta keep airing out the bacon smell here. That's the update for now. Chow-y!

No comments: