Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Aaaah, another turkey feast down. Mom gave us all the bird today, and what a great bird it was! And good stuffing, and good potatoes, and good peas (yes, I eat lots of peas now), and good carrots and turnip, and well you get it!

What are you thankful for? Even in these tough times I think there's lots to be thankful for. I for one am thankful that I have a great family, a roof over my head, WiiFit (had to say it!), a job! Knock on wood there, you never know these days! And I'm really thankful for my friends. Most of you know all the drama that has consumed me with the group of friends I had in college. And there are times I miss certain people. BUT throughout all of it, there are still some old friends and some new friends. So this post is dedicated to those friends of mine who I enjoy so much for just being themselves and for letting me be myself in front of them...trust me, I can be a handful! :-)

There's always Anthony. As I say, he is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. We just never get to see each other. Damn. And No, we don't have one of those pacts where if we're both 35 and still single we'll get married. Ask us again when we're 35 though. No pics of us together since 2005 so this will have to do...


Julie and her husband Brendan. These people will do ANYTHING for anyone. It doesn't matter. They are just great people who I love hanging out with where ever we are. Even though Brendan calls me the "Meat Lady!" haha Julie and I go way back to Chemistry class freshman year at CSC. Don't ask me how, but our friendship grew ever since the day I made her skip class because I knew lab was just making peanut brittle. Whoops, it was that, but we both ended up with zero's...sorry Jules! Love you though! And you too B!


I'm SO thankful I went to Denver back in March. Danielle and I never really hung out before that, but since then we've realized we have so much in common and I love spending time with her. When I'm struggling with things (like recently), she's great to talk to. Her timing is always perfect for phone calls and text messages. Even though she's the only female I know that got shut off at "The Club", she helps me keep things in perspective. Oh yeah, and we laugh a shitload too! Sorry for the language, but we're French. And it's true!


I am NOT totally thankful for a certain someone I used to spend time with. BUT, I have to say (because I try to look on the bright side of things) I wouldn't have met Tim if I didn't get into this volleyball league. I'm very thankful to have met another foodie slash athlete slash drinker slash sarcastic guy known as Tim! And to think he was afraid a few mushrooms from the weird guy at the bar would keep me away....pssh!


I'm also thankful for my newfound-friendship with Melissa. This chick knows everything. Like, seriously. We went to CSC together too, but didn't hang out as much because of a couple years difference. But we do have friends in common from the volleyball team. She's just great, she's helped me with so much this year, oh and we laugh a ton too! If you need an honest opinion worded appropriately (or not-so appropriately), she's your gal!


Ok, I'm getting down to the wire here. Almost done...

I really am thankful to all the chefs that have helped me learn this industry. I absolutely love my job. I mean, I have to go downtown to have coffee with someone and I have no water-cooler gossip here at the "home office." But everyone has been so helpful (even Mr. Shortribs has been nice lately!) and fun! But there is one that I must recognize...Chef Brian. He has taught me so much, AND given me so much support in the industry. I can't thank him enough. It's been a year since we first hung out at the wine expo in January and we'll be celebrating a year of fun this coming January again. You should join us if you can! Did I mention we're a blast to hang out with???


I'm not trying to single out certain people (I guess I kinda did), because I do have a lot of friends I am thankful for. These are just the ones that put up with me on a daily basis. Maybe not every single day, but close enough. So to Anthony, Julie, Brendan, Danielle, Tim, Melissa, and Brian...thanks! I love you all!

And one more special thanks to Mom for a wonderful meal today, a good chat afterwards, and to more coffee breaks to come!

Chow!

KK

No comments: