Thursday, June 11, 2009

Good thing.....

I didn't wear my "Yankees Suck" hat or my "Posada Is a Little B*tch" tee shirt to work today.....

First off - yes, I am a Red Sox fan. It's in my blood, and I'll never forget the day we saw Ted Williams at Brothers Restaurant in Nashua. If only I had the guts to ask for a picture back then like I do now.

So today I was working with Annelies from a pastry company out of Belgium. She moved to New York a year ago and is now a Yankees fan. So we head into a restaurant today with some tart shells, when the chef says, "Hold on Karen, let me finish up with my VIP table - you know, the Yankees." I know they eat there when in town and at the sister restaurant around the corner.
So I ask him if I can bring them samples and see if they like them.
No.
But can I just ask for a quick picture?
No.
But what if -
No Karen.
Okay......

But I will tell you this, he said....."they never order dessert so go to that Starbucks across the street and they'll be there in 5 minutes."

So me and Annelies (the new Yankees fan who doesn't drink coffee) head to Starbucks. And who's already in there, but Jorge Posada and Derek Jeter. As I'm standing next to Jorge Posada she says to me..."you have to point them out because I don't know what ANY of them look like."
Me: Well, there's one on my left shoulder, sssshhhhhhhhh

So we walk by Jeter, stand in line, and contemplate whether or not to ask for a picture. So we walk over, I pull out my camera and I ask for a quick photo.

The slimy guy then tries to whisper (in a normal volumed voice) "twenty dollah, twenty dollah."
Me: Shut up and smile, like you need the money.

Ok, I didn't really say that, but I'm really mad for smiling in my picture. Oh! I forgot...here's the gross morsel of history....


So then Annelies gets her picture with him and the Damn Yanks walk out of the coffee shop. And this is the best part...Annelies is texting her friends that she got her picture with the Yankees and she asks me, "which one was that?"
Me: "Derek Jeter"
Annelies: "WHAT!!! THAT WAS HIM?????"

HAHAHAHAHAHA She didn't even know. So here's the other pics I took.....




So that's my story there. It's all true, and now I really don't like Mr. Jeter.

In other news...the MF and I saw the new Greek movie, "My Life In Ruins" last week and I highly recommend it. The bus driver's name in the movie is Poopy and I thought it was hysterical. So I started calling the MF Poopy. I guess it was funnier to me than him, but since he knows it makes me laugh he's allowing me one Poopy a day. I'm so darn lucky! :-)

Chow! KK

No comments: