Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Way Nature Intended

The Natural Products Expo East is finally here. I can't believe it's already been a month with Pineland! I've got to say...the next three days are going to kick my a-money big time. I'm excited to see how we are going to grow just from this show...and of course I get to share all this great food with tons of people. I've realized just how much I love sharing good food with people, so considering 30,000 people have registered for this show, I've got my work cut out for me. As excited as I am for it, it's like the biggest presentation I've ever worked on. I never knew how much work went into these shows. But I'm confident it's going to be great. So great, that I already bought two bottles of wine and left them at home so that I can celebrate and crash at the same time when I get home Saturday night! Oh yeah...and dinner is also waiting for me in the fridge! Here's a sneak peek at our booth for the next few days. I'll update with a real picture once the show has started...


Speaking of sharing food - I spent a lot of time in our garden last week! Sadly, I did a lot of digging and there isn't too much left to salvage, but I was really happy with what we got. We still have some eggplant coming along...we've actually had a bunch of that this summer. Here's what I picked the other day...


I was so happy to have picked all my own veggies and I really wanted to make a big dinner with them. The Manfriend went Mountain-biking as usual on Thursdays, so he invited his friend Carl to come over once they were done to enjoy our garden fresh dinner. They said they enjoyed it...and I sure did! Here's what I made...it was topped with Feta cheese from Irene in Greece!


One last food story of mine to share is from this past weekend. We went to Glendi on Sunday...the Big Greek Festival at St. George's in Manchester. It was a beautiful day for it and we definitely indulged in some lamb! It was delicious...see for yourself...


I did pretty good, didn't I? After we ate, we walked all around and did some of the raffles they had. Then we got some donuts to take home and eat during the rest of that thing called the Patriots game. The game was disgusting, but the donuts made it better. I forget how to say them in Greek, but they take them, cover them in maple syrup, sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar, and then top them with powdered sugar. Oh Heavens I loved them!

And speaking of - errr - speaking. I even met a lady who teaches Greek for free! So I have to call and sign up for lessons. I'd like to think I'm advanced, but not quite yet. So I'm pretty excited for that. We've been speaking a lot of English lately and I don't want to lose everything I learned when we were on vacation.

So that's my update for now. I gotta catch some zzzz's before tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Chow...all-naturally,

KK

No comments: