Thursday, July 8, 2010

Countdown to Thirty....

Hello from North Conway! One month from today I turn the big, three-oh. I can't believe it...seems like just yesterday I started learning stuff in the 4th grade. Apparently that's when I started to learn? We recently found some old school work of mine and a report I wrote in the 6th grade that was titled, "How I Became Educated." The first sentence was, "It all started in the fourth grade."

So I'm trying to think of cool things to do in the last month of my Twenties. So far, I think I've got a couple things down...

1. Finally read the last book of Harry Potter. I can't even tell you how long the book has been out, but for some reason I only got through the first chapter or two the last few times I tried to read it. But it's time...and surprisingly, no one has told me how the series ends yet.

2. I want to be able to do 30 push-ups without stopping. I used to be able to do that no problem. But lately, although I feel much stronger when I lift at the gym...I just haven't focused on push-ups. And my friend Julie's husband, Brendan, makes it a requirement to always be able to do the same amount of push-ups as his age. Fortunately, I'm not as old as him, but I will be some day.

3. Drink as many free Slurpees as I can in one day. If you haven't noticed, this coming Sunday is 7/11 - and I read somewhere that you can get free Slurpees at...you guessed it! 7/11! I'll try to document them all via Twitter.

Speaking of Twitter - with my new application you can see exactly where I am while I'm tweeting. I actually have mixed feelings about that because I do think it's cool, but I also don't think it's the safest. So I'll let it slide a few times and then probably get rid of it after it's not so cool anymore.

But noting where I am right now, I have to say I didn't realize I was this close to Berlin. The bartender was talking to me tonight about that great, little town! He goes fishing there and we talked about the Berlin Dairy. Apparently he loves it there and always gets the huge lobster roll.

I've gotta say, it feels real exciting travelling for work in my own state! It was a long drive from Cambridge to here this afternoon, but it was nice not being on huge highways anymore. There's was lots to look at, and when I wasn't taking work phonecalls (with my hands-free headset of course) I was reminiscing about our old family trips up North. I passed a little dairy bar that looked like the place we used to stop at for swirled ice cream on the way back from the lake. But I don't think that was it...I'll have to check with Mom and Dad. But then I thought about the big hill, the beer store, and the side of the road where...well, nevermind the last part. But I was thinking about all those as I randomly do from time to time when I remembered one part of our roadtrips I think I've forgotten about lately. Not the Old Man of the Mountain (may he rest in peace), but I think it was on the way to the lake that we would always pass this old man who sat outside and waved to all the cars that went by. I wonder if he's still alive? From what I remember, he was pretty old...and his wife wasn't always with him, but it was cool when they were both there. I gotta talk to Kristin about that one! I wonder what Paige and Katie are going to remember about the drives up to their camper!

Oh! And good news...those girls finally were asked to be in our wedding this past weekend. And they said YES!!! I was waiting and waiting because I wanted to ask them in a very special way and I wanted Larry to be there, but I finally just needed to get it done so I could start talking to them about it more. So here's how it went down....

I'm thinking that the colors of the wedding will be chocolate brown and teal/turquoise blue. So I bought those two colors of M&M's and put them in a nice jar. Then I tied some ribbon of the same colors around the jars, with a little bunch of white flowers on top. Each of them had a card and on the inside was a KarenK original poem...

"Roses are Red,
Candy is Sweet.
Our Wedding Day Without You,
Wouldn't be Complete!"

And then they're future Uncle Larry helped me write something specific for each of them asking them to be a part of the Big Day! It was so cute! When Katie said yes to being the Flower Girl we all clapped and cheered and I think she was blushing! Paige was excited too and I know she's going to be a huge help!

So that's my most recent update - it's been less than two months so I'm already doing better updating. But it is time for me to read some Harry Potter since I have to get up and do some push-ups before my 8:30am meeting. Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Chow!

KK

No comments: