Well, it's been an exciting week...and it's official that I'm finally going to travel west of Ohio! I feel like I've done a lot of travelling, but really haven't seen too much of the world or the country for that matter. I can still remember the family car trips to Pennsylvania, New York, and Washington, DC. We saw a lot of nice places and I really bonded with my sister when she let me play "see who can be the quietest" with her! So this past week I finally booked my ticket to Denver. I'll be leaving in March for my cousin's wedding and spending a whole week out there. I just can't wait....I need to do some research and find out what I really want to see while I'm out there, but I'm really looking forward to it!
I also have some other news to share. I found out last week that I was selected to the board of directors for the American Institute of Wine and Food! How exciting! I'm not just a member...I'm on the board! I feel like I should be an old man and wear a suit and glasses, but instead I'll just keep drinking wine and trying new foods! The organization was started by Julia Child and Robert Mondavi back in the 80's and today there are over 4,000 members all over the country. One of the main goals of the organization is to educate people about food and how it's important to know where it comes from. It's something I still need to learn a little more about, but I'm really excited for the opportunity and anxious to get involved!
So with all this excitement I should probably get some zzzz's. I did have a good week last week, but I still managed to smoke up the kitchen re-heating something, flooded the bathroom because I turned on the shower and forgot to shower until an hour later, and missed my big break on a movie set on Newbury Street! I didn't even pretend to walk the red-carpet tonight...I just decided to make dinner and watch the Oscars.
Chow,
KK :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment