Wednesday, March 5, 2008

He's Grrrrrrrreat!

I was a bad girl last week and actually skipped the Seafood Show. I did meet up with my seafood expert for lunch and he was really excited to have a great meal in Boston. We met at one of my accounts so I could introduce him to the chef and see what they use for seafood currently. Well, this guy knows fish and said he had the best fish & chips ever at this place. So if anyone ever has a craving for fish and chips, I know where to send you...heck, I'll even go with you! :-) I also had a fantastic lunch that day. It was called Sashimi Tuna. And the cool part is that one of the main parts of the dish is something I have to bring in special to have delivered to this account. It was nice to finally see what it looked like. There was a bed of mixed greens on the bottom of the plate, topped with a scallion pancake (that's mine!), more mixed greens, shaved red onion, shaved rare tuna, and topped with a wasabi aioli, and sticky soy sauce. This thing was just delicious! I told some people at volleyball about this so we're heading there for dinner this Friday. Unfortunately this sashimi tuna is only on their lunch menu so I'll have to find something else for dinner....maybe the fish and chips????

Speaking of volleyball...I played in a tournament this past Saturday and it was so much fun to play in that environment again. It was just awesome! The competition was great and we all had a lot of fun. It was a reverse co-ed tourney so it was a mix of men and women, but the men could only hit from behind the 10-foot line and they weren't allowed to block. Women could even come from the back row to block, but only block. When I play on Wednesdays we play on a men's net and this tournament was on a women's net so it felt so good to be able to hit the ball at a downward angle! I'm really hoping that some of these people will have teams to play outside this year. I'm so glad to be playing volleyball again and can't believe I was out of it for so long.

Most of you know how I'm addicted to cereal....my cousin Al is so darn lucky! A few weeks ago he won a year's supply of cereal from Kellogg's. I won't lie...I think General Mills puts out better cereals, but hey, a year's supply of cereal is a year's supply of cereal. And the cool part is when he told me he was going to donate some to shelters when he gets home. Way to go Al, you really are Grrrrrreat!





I'm off to New York City this Saturday for the International Restaurant Show. Should be a good time. Dinner with "Lisa" Saturday and an after-show party with my real co-workers on Monday. Can't wait! I'll be sure to update!

Chow,

KK

No comments: