Tuesday, January 20, 2009

His Big Day

Well, Obama's inauguration has finally come. I wonder if John McCain and Sarah Palin will watch the events together? In case you don't remember how I felt about this elecetion, you can freshen up here. I should be excited, but honestly, I have no idea how this guy is gonna help us out. I guess I am excited to see the events because I've never paid attention to anything like this before. It'll be a good social studies lesson.

Tonight I'm having dinner with my friend Melissa to catch up on stuff. We're going to the Rattlesnake where my friend Brian just took over the kitchen. I told myself I wasn't going out at all in January, but to taste Brian's food, we're there. I'll twitter from the restaurant so you can read about all that we try!

Melissa and I are gym-buddies too. For spinning anyway. Last night I DID go to the gym, but as soon as I got there I came right home. Bummer. There was no parking and I was so annoyed. I could valet for $2, but Karen doesn't valet at the gym. Only at Mansions in Newport, RI duh.

So I came home and used my Personal Fitness Trainer for the Wii. I got that game for Christmas and it's a great game. So at least I got a workout in. And then for some reason I decided it would be great to make spaghetti sauce from scratch. Right...what else should you do at 9:00 at night? As I was making that I got pretty hungry and hadn't eaten dinner yet so I warmed up some of the pita I made a couple weeks ago. It was in the freezer don't worry! So with that in the oven and the sauce simmering on the stove, I came upstairs for a few minutes and headed back down to check on things. It was then that I realized my apartment smelled like a Greek pizza shop! Oooohhh it was great! I know I've been talking about Greek food a lot lately, and I'm not trying to be all sappy or anything. This was purely coincidental!

And speaking of sap...I took Lucy down last night. It was sad to pack her up and say good-bye, but she's really looking forward to spending the next few months at Memere and Papoo's house! Ummmmm, if it's okay with them of course? hint hint, wink wink :-)

Chow,

KK

No comments: