Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just Because

I'm a dork and I take pictures everywhere I go. I know it, and I accept it. I think I'm such a people person that I need interaction...working without co-workers can be so boring sometimes! Even when I worked at the Fitness Center at the Fed I got to talk to all the members everyday. And now, I do get to talk to the chefs, but a lot of it is over the phone. I've had a ton of computer work to do the past two days so I haven't been able to get out visiting people which I think is why it seems worse this week. So yesterday I headed to Bruegger's for some coffee and set up shop there. Michael met me there so we got to catch up for a bit which was nice. Today I had all intentions of getting out and visiting customers. But I looked up from my computer this afternoon and it was 2:00! I needed a break...I wanted to get to some restaurants downtown, but I had orders to get in. I didn't want to go to a coffee shop and have to buy something. So I came here...



I'm at the hotel down the street from my place in their lobby. I usually pop into hotels when I'm downtown because it's just easy to open up my computer and get some work done....and it's Free! So here I am in my new change of scenery, next to this really hot fireplace, with my own snacks and water! I got a lot done...but of course, not what I really wanted to get done. Oh well...I'll work a little later when I'm back at home.

That hot chocolate there in the Starbucks mug is soooo freaking delicious! You have NO idea! But you can have an idea...invite me over and I'll make it for you. It's the one I tried to make last year but came out pretty thick and almost pudding-like. Well, this one is great. All I had in the apartment was baking cocoa and soy milk so I combined the cocoa with sugar and water to form a paste. Then I added the soy milk, cardamom, a cinnamon stick, and nutella. It simmered just a little too much...but I cleaned up quickly. Then I poured in the mug and off I went. Thanks to Greg from Toro for sharing this with me! It totally made my afternoon. I already ate the cashews and cranberries so those didn't make the picture...

The one thing I did notice here was a bunch of children with hospital bands on...and the cutest little girl with a plastic leg and quite the boot on her other foot. Oh, she was just adorable! Then I remembered that so many people come to Boston because of Children's Hospital. I got really sad. How do these moms look so calm and strong??? I don't know if I'm cut out for that. But I cheered up quickly...luckily we do have good doctors and a place like Children's Hospital to take care of these kids. It's like that question...When you hear sirens do you think "oh no, there's been an accident?" Or, "ok, help is on the way" The kids were smiling...and well, it was contagious.

Time for Karen to go home. I bought 5lbs of lettuce this week cuz it was cheap, so I guess I'm having salad tonight!

Chow,

KK

PS - Oh yeah, I won't be attending the restaurant opening for tonight...just too much to do. And Brian's opening tomorrow is going to be great so I'm getting everything done in time for that!

PPS - If you want to see my friend Fritz on tv check out the FoodNetwork
Feb. 11th at 10pm OR Feb. 12th at 12:00am *You may want to record, but it's a throwdown!

And the Challenge is airing the 13th at 10pm. Check it out!

No comments: