Thursday, February 5, 2009

Perks!

I know, I know. I complain about how busy work gets for me at times. And I know you're extremely jealous of the fact that I really have no commute. Get ready for more because it's not everyday you walk into a top restaurant (where Magic Johnson eats) and come out with this...



Oh yeah! I was simply showing the guys some of the bufala mozzarella we're selling, when this huge pan of fish popped onto the counter. I said, "that looks really good." And he said, "Oh, you want some?" I said, "Well, I've really got to go see some more people." Chef, "Ok, let me put a plate together for you." HAHA I'm so darn lucky!

Now, if only the guy that owned the candy store was as nice as Eric. Seriously....let me run this by you. Because don't you think that if you had a candy shop you'd always be smiling??? So I used to always get margarita jelly beans from this one store in the Prudential Center and I mixed them with the raspberry ones. It's like a raspberry margarita to get through the mid-day slump without impairing your judgement. Right? Right. So as I walked by today I thought to myself how I haven't had them in soooo long, and that since Sunday is my half-birthday I might as well get a treat. I continue into the store put a small amount of jelly beans into the bag and bring them to the counter. Again, the man looks like he wants to shoot the smile off my face, because I'm all excited to finally have jelly beans again. Then he tells me...

"That's $12.45"
Me: "Oh, I'm just getting the jelly beans."
Jelly Bean Nazi: "Yeah, Twelve dollars and forty-five cents please."
Me: "Oh, I don't really want them that bad. I'm Sorry!"
JBN: "What kind are they so I can put them back?"
Me: "Are you serious?"
JBN: "Well, I'm not gonna eat them."
Me (walking out): "Guess!" :-D

Ok, I didn't really say guess. But I did walk out because I couldn't believe he was going to pick through them. I mean, I don't just put them in the bag. I mix them together so they're pretty and I get all excited like I have the golden ticket. It is a candy store afterall! Geesh.

Well, I'm not gonna let that man let me down. I had a great day even though it was frigid out. I thought I was all tough and didn't really think it was that bad until the wind blew. OH. MY. GOSH. It was bad today, but everyone inside was so nice (except the candyman) so I could warm up at each stop. I took pictures at one of yesterday's stops too. I had to explain that I have a blog and like to share because I saw this frozen block of octopus. I thought it was cool and told him to call me when he thawed one out. It was my lucky day...there was one in the shink. I didn't name the guy, but I did snap these pics!


This is him (or her) just chillin' in the sink...


And Alex picked him (or her) up for this one. He's holding it's head kind of underneath everything else.



Cool, huh? Ok, I think I'm almost thawed. I'm gonna play some Wii and have some dinner. What am I having? See above! Oh! And I don't really call a sink the shink...that was a typo that I thought looked cool, so I just didn't fix it!

Chow,

KK :-)

No comments: